So last week we missed a grow post and since then there have been some clues about how the Great British Snow of 2018 went for us. Without any further ado, now we’ve had some time to recover from it, here is the tale of our Snow Chickens. Continue reading “grow: snow chickens”
A very cold weather snap is due in the UK over the next few days.
This is probably because I declared we didn’t need an extreme weather kit for our chicken coop until next winter.
Sorry, everyone, clearly my fault. In a desperate attempt to win back some sunny weather, I’ve ordered the extreme weather gear.
One week later…
It’s been one week since our chickens arrived in our newly constructed chicken zone.
In just one week
- we learned not to mix treat food with layers pellets as they dig out the pellets messily to eat the treat food
- remembered to put grit out for them
- marvelled at how well they have settled in
- introduced one of our two dogs very carefully
- been delighted to see the chickens every single day
- Robin now gets ready for school in less than 5 minutes in order to rush outside and open the pophole every day (this is nothing less than extraordinary)
- collected no less than 9 eggs!
- eaten the most delicious omelette
- named all our chickens
So our chicken plans have actually happened!
We are all tremendously excited and so are many of our friends. Continue reading “Chicken arrival!”