It seems like only yesterday I was sitting outside, planting our first potatoes of 2018 while Robin played football enthusiastically on the lawn. And here I am, dutifully reporting that we have now done our second potato planting! Continue reading “grow: second potato planting”
It’s been very quiet up here on the blog but don’t worry, we haven’t quit. We enjoyed 10 busy days off work over the Easter holidays. Those of you who follow along on Instagram will have seen some of the story as it unfolded. Here’s a quick catch up in case you missed it. Continue reading “grow, make, mend: 10 busy days”
We have nearly made it to the end of our third month of growing, making and mending. Our first potato planting was on Saturday! Continue reading “grow: first potato planting, and more!”
Here is the February 2018 State of the Garden update. Continue reading “February 2018 State of the Garden”
A very cold weather snap is due in the UK over the next few days.
This is probably because I declared we didn’t need an extreme weather kit for our chicken coop until next winter.
Sorry, everyone, clearly my fault. In a desperate attempt to win back some sunny weather, I’ve ordered the extreme weather gear.
One week later…
It’s been one week since our chickens arrived in our newly constructed chicken zone.
In just one week
- we learned not to mix treat food with layers pellets as they dig out the pellets messily to eat the treat food
- remembered to put grit out for them
- marvelled at how well they have settled in
- introduced one of our two dogs very carefully
- been delighted to see the chickens every single day
- Robin now gets ready for school in less than 5 minutes in order to rush outside and open the pophole every day (this is nothing less than extraordinary)
- collected no less than 9 eggs!
- eaten the most delicious omelette
- named all our chickens
So our chicken plans have actually happened!
We are all tremendously excited and so are many of our friends. Continue reading “Chicken arrival!”